Monday, February 6, 2012

I Whip My Hair Back and Forth

...or rather, I would, except I don't have any.  But my brain hasn't figured that out quite yet. 

When you've always had hair, suddenly not having hair is an odd and interesting experience.  And I don't just mean short hair - I've had that frequently over the years - but really, truly, having no hair.  For instance:

* I take my shirt off this evening and shake my head to get my hair back into place.  Dang...
* I grab the brush this morning, without thinking, and brush my...head... (*ouch!*)
* I tuck my hair behind my ear...again...and again...
* I flip my head to the right to get my bangs out of my face...again...
* I forget to put a cap on and can't figure out where the draft is coming from (seriously...)

The joy of resembling an attractive hairless cat is that I can snuggle in for an extra half-hour of sleep in the morning (if I could only sleep, that is...) without the need to rush through the shower / blow-dry / style / bad-hair-day-anyway thing.  Kinda takes the pressure off of coloring, cutting, moussing, brushing, styling, pony-tailing and barretting, too.

I have several head-covering options, including beautiful scarves and hats.  I can easily coordinate them with my clothing, and in seconds I'm ready to face the world.

About nine hours later, however, I have a terrible headache that is determined to split my skull open.  It's likely just a nasty side effect of one of my meds, but I decide to take my scarf off on the drive home this evening to relieve any extra pressure on my neck/head.  Probably, I should have waited until I wasn't stopped at a light next to what appeared to be a mom and her younger son.  Hopefully I didn't scar them for life.

1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how many times I've said I would like to take Nick's Norelco and shave my head! While it's not an option you would have chosen ordinarily, it must be incredibly liberating. You are blessed with a pretty head, natural beauty and great bone structure and can carry the new do with grace. Believe me, you haven't scarred anyone by removing your scarf. Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete