Wednesday, April 4, 2012

One little eyelash...

A couple of posts ago I noted that "Taxol treatment is a beautiful thing."

I am mature enough to admit when I'm wrong.  Especially when I'm very wrong.  Very, very...v-e-r-y wrong.

The steroid regimen staved off the worst of the pain for the first three days - until I stopped taking the steroids, at which time the pain flooded back again.  Muscle spasms, bone pain, imbalance, confusion - it all came back with a vengeance on Monday night.  I snuck out on Tuesday for lunch with a dear friend and a quick Meijer run.  Funny story - I almost fell over walking into the store because my balance is so off.  I felt like a drunken sailor, stumbling sideways and trying to remain vertical while grabbing on to a cart to keep me upright.  I'm sure those around me wondered what alcoholic beverage had spiked my morning Wheaties (I might as well laugh at myself because I'm certain at least one Jacksonian out there is doing it, too).  Today brought more balance issues but the pain is retreating, just a little.  I am hoping for a peaceful night's sleep and a good day at work tomorrow.

Yesterday brought another surprise - my eyelashes are falling out.  I lost my hair during the AC treatments, as expected.  My eyebrows thinned, but never to a truly noticeable point.  As I whined and cried yesterday (again) about all this crap, I went to wipe my eyes - and found several eyelashes on the tissue.  I ran to the mirror to look, and there they are - three lone eyelashes in the middle of my upper left eyelid.  One on the bottom.  A couple more on the right side.  My eye itches and - viola! - another one falls away.  I am more shocked losing my eyelashes than I am my hair, for some reason.

I am totally starting to rock this Uncle Fester look a little too well.  But hey, if they don't grow back, I'll go for the rhinestone look - I wonder if Prada makes fake eyelashes???

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you could find Swarovski-studded lashes, at the very least.

    ReplyDelete